Keep Our Friendship Rolling!!!

Let us all Gossip Here! :P

Friday, June 02, 2006

Changing career path...

Thanks ting for the nice quotes u sms nearly daily. Very meaningful... where u get all the quotes anyway...

I've finally left that horrible place.. I resign in mid-May... the stupid female boss still owe me my pay... so sick of her... anyway.. I'm seriously thinking of moving into marketing as in promotion, event planning that kind.. but it's kind of hard for me coz i dun have a relevant cert and I dun have any marketing experience.. something is wrong with the society.. everyone wants people with experience... so I have to create some experience of my own.. the cert part is easy to solve.. coz I've enrolled myself in a graduate diploma course in marketing communication at Marketing Institute of Singapore... so it's back to school time.. at current, I'm working as contract Marketing Assistant at Adobe. Big name siah.. Adobe as in Adobe Acrobat the software?? the company that develops photoshop and illustrator.. just last year the organisation acquire Macromedia.. and now owning dreaweaver and fireworks and flash.. the co I'm in is the Singapore region.. oh my god.. it's a total change from my previous job from hell.. here is so carefree... nobody care abt u so long as u do your work..the pantry is so nice and so well provided with drinks, biscuit and even cup noodles... the cubicles here are very tall and the manager's rooms are made of glass.. very typical America Company.. very shiok... but also very quiet because a lot of people here are always travelling.. so the office can be very very quiet.. and also because of the tall cubicles, all the people are hidden... like ice palace like that.. hee... Today is my third day here.. at the moment still struggling to understand the working system here.. the organisation is so big their system is so well established that things here are very systematic... all the procedures are programmed in the system that you can actually see the cycle of procedures.. like paying invoices.. first you do this, then system will route to another people in Worldwide adobe who will do the next step etc... oh.. the HR dept is in Japan, the legal dept is in UK. the billing done in dunno which countries and the IT system dept are split.. worldwide.. it's pretty amazing.. so unlike local companies which cut cost here and there.. the location is at Suntec City near Carrefor.. very shiok rite?? shops everywhere.. haaa...and lunch time not fix.. can go at anytime.. here people just trust your honesty loh.. anyway.. i sincerely hope I can learn some marketing skills here.. and have a good exposure for my future.. if it's there.. life is really abt luck u know.. If i dun quit my job, i won't have found this.. can be quit exciting and scary at the same time... coz will never know what to expect. .. well really pray that this is the correct route for me to go... keke..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home